Coupling Code: Blue Square
Coupling Type: Screw
Gangway Type: LMS
Engines: AEC 150hp
Lot Number: 30444
|3w/e 21/12/57||New to||64A (St Margarets)|
|2w/e 09/04/66||Transferred to||66C (Hamilton)|
|w/e 07/05/66||Transferred to||67A (Corkerhill)|
|3w/e 02/07/66||Transferred to||66C (Hamilton)|
|3w/e 17/06/67||On loan to||South Gosforth|
|2w/e 01/07/67||Transferred to||South Gosforth|
|3w/e 31/10/70||Transferred to||32A (Norwich)|
|w/e 28/10/72||Withdrawn from||32A (Norwich)|
|51118||56310||Noted 19th December 1957 - en route from GRCW to Edinburgh|
|51118||56310||As delivered to 64A - 3w/e 21/12/57|
|51118||56310||Transfer to 66C - 2w/e 09/04/66|
|51118||56310||Transfer to 67A - w/e 07/05/66|
|51118||56310||Transfer to 32A - 4w/e 07/11/70|
51118 & 56303 comprise set 68, seen at Brundall on the 1st July 1972. Tim Stubbs.
Set 68 (51118 & 56303) seen in Norwich back yard on the 1st July 1972. Tim Stubbs.
Taken near Gilberdyke from a DMU heading for Hull, the Eastern Region general manager's inspection saloon "The Stourton Saloon" headed by DB975637 with DB975664 behind passes the other way on 18/Jun/1988. These two vehicles were converted from Gloucester Railway Carriage and Wagon Co. class 100 DMUs 56300 (DTCL) and 51122 (DMBS) respectively. They were taken into departmental stock in 1978 and withdrawn in 1990, being scrapped at Snailwell in Cambridgeshire. As a footnote there were at one time six preserved class 100 vehicles and as of this month that total is down to three, with the news that long-stored 56317 which has been passed from pillar to post in recent years, has been scrapped. Happily the two car set consisting of 56097 and 51118, the only surviving class 100 power car, are currently undergoing a thorough restoration and should be back in service soon after many years out of use. Robert Chilton.