Builder: BR Derby Works
Type: Low Density
Coupling Code: Blue Square
Coupling Type: Screw
Gangway Type: LMS
Engines: Leyland 150hp / Albion 238hp
Lot Number: 30209
|01/01/57||New to||40A (Lincoln)|
|2w/e 02/05/59||Transferred to||41A (Darnall)|
|2w/e 30/04/61||Transferred to||40A (Lincoln)|
|May-73||Depot code change||LN (Lincoln)|
|04/10/87||Transferred to||TS (Tyseley)|
|30/10/91||Withdrawn from||TS (Tyseley) PXXZ|
50021 - original number
53021 - from Apr-83 (53xxx / 54xxx change)
|50021||56021||As delivered to 40A - 1st January 1957|
|50020||56021||50021||Noted 1st June 1957|
|50021||56011||Noted May 1968|
|T228||53021||54012||Listed at Tyseley - 7th April 1988|
|T228||53021||54012||Noted 12th May 1989|
|T228||53021||54012||Listed at TS - 01/09/89|
|T021||53021||54012||New set number at TS - Nov-89 - ex-T228|
|T021||53021||54012||Listed at TS - 01/12/89|
|T021||53021||54012||Listed at TS - mid May-90|
|T021||53021||54012||Listed at TS - Mar-91|
|T021||53021||54012||Listed at TS - Jul-91|
|T021||53021||54012||Listed at TS - Aug-91|
circa Dec-86 - AWS fitted
E50021 / E56035 pass the home of Cravens at Darnall, Sheffield, on the 13th November 1979. Steve Davies Collection.
Carrying Midlline branding on the side, Class 114 53021 (with 54012) is seen outside the factory at Tyseley on 02.04.1988. It was part of set T228, the Tyseley set numbers beginning with '2' indicated a 2 car unit. Andy Cole.
Set T021 led by 53021 arrives at Smethwick West with the 14:55 Stourbridge Junction - Birmingham New Street on the 2nd July 1990. Gazza Prescott.
53021 + 54012 at Derby on 13/4/91. Sparegang.
Class 114 54012, set number T228 (with 53021), is seen stabled outside the factory at Tyseley on 02.04.1988. It had been given a spruce up including a red buffer beam. On the right is Class 118 centre car 59481. Andy Cole.
With an exhaust trail to put many a steam locomotive to shame, BR Derby Works 2-car unit 54012 and 53021 with Pressed Steel Co. 'Bubble Car' 55033 in the formation, working a Stourbridge service seen departing from Birmingham New Street on 22nd August 1988. Gordon Edgar.