Class 100 DMBS 51127 is working with a Cravens DTC when seen at Sudbury on the 9th April '77. David Underwood.
Withdrawn Class 100 DTC 56094 is flanked by Met-Camm vehicles in Norwich depot back yard on the 10th April 1973. Tim Stubbs.
An official image titled "Diesel Car Service Glasgow Central - Edinburgh Princes St - Diesel car leaving Glasgow Central(56098)". Dated 10th July 1958. Courtesy of A.A.McLean. British Railways.
56098 is the rear vehicle on this GRCW twin set leaving Gorgie East with the last Edinburgh Outer Circle train, 8th September 1962. Hamish Stevenson.
E56100, at Peterborough on 3/8/76 apparently heading for Norwich. Signs in the cab windows proclaim it's set 45 (the other vehicle appears to be a Cravens). David Underwood adds: "'4 WED' in the windscreen reflects the method by which Norwich Depot advised when the unit was next due for maintenance at Norwich, i.e. the unit had to be placed on a diagram that finished at Norwich on that day." Ian Francis.
A Class 100 DMU in Chester station, May 1981. This cab front appears to feature an unusual headlight arrangement, with the headcodes having been plated over and replaced by two central cut-outs - usually, replacement headlights were positioned above the buffers. Graeme Phillips Collection.
56109 is one of many DMUs vehicles seen in Manchester Piccadilly. Undated. Ian Francis.
Withdrawn in 1975, 56303 lingered for a few years before arriving at Snailwell for disposal in 1980. Taken sometime in that period, at either Ely or March which were popular storage places for withdrawn stock. AA McLean.
One of the Class 100 vehicles that was saw an early demise was 56304, it was less than eight and half years old when withdrawn. It's seen here partly dismantled at Cowlairs Works, probably in 1966. The cab is on the right. AA McLean.
A 6-car formation seen at Norwich, from left to right is 56307, 51111, 51115, 56100, 51282 (105), 56300. Circa early/mid-1970s. Tim Stubbs.
56307 is seen at Cambridge on 3/8/76. Ian Francis.
Class 100 DTC 56310 has Class 129 55998 for company at Cohen's at Kettering on the 11th August 1979. Neil Cannon.
A Gloucester twin, headed by 56314, departs Piershill on a Corstorphine - North Berwick service, 7th April 1958. Hamish Stevenson.
Sc56314 at the head of a 5.28pm Glasgow St.Enoch to Girvan excursion on 6/6/58, leaving St.Enoch station. Hamish Stevenson.
A GRC&W twin awaits departure from Platform 7 of Stirling station on its next trip to Larbert. DTC Sc56315 is closest, it was allocated to Leith Central at the time, and later became part of the Fisons weedkiller train. corriebob.
Views of the experimental liveries applied to E56315 (white-orange) and E56317 (blue) at Wolverton on 7th April 1974. Keith Gunner.
Experimental liveries applied to E56315 (yellow) and E56317 (red), seen at Wolverton on 7th April 1974. Neither vehicle seems to have returned to passenger traffic, 56315 became part of the Fisons weedkiller train in July '74 and 56317 was in preservation by 1975 at the Gwilli Railway. Keith Gunner.
Sc56316 is one of the vehicles seen at Leith Central depot, date unknown. As well as the GRC&W set there is also a Met-Camm and two Swindon Cross-Country sets visible. Stuart Mackay Collection.