Larger images: 1200px 1600px
107449 (presumably 52034 + 59807 + 52010) calls at Curriehill with the 13.18 Edinburgh Waverley - Glasgow Central train on 11-07-1988. Then relatively new, this station was opened (or rather re-opened near the site of a former station) to encourage commuters from Currie and Balerno to take the train into Edinburgh. It is situated on the Caledonian Railway's route to Carstairs and Glasgow. This line is now electrified.
The original Curriehill (called "Currie") opened on 15 February 1848, and was closed by British Railways on 31 March 1951. The present station (which occupies the site of the old station) opened on 5 October 1987.
52034Set No.: 107449
11th July 1988
Only registered users can leave comments. Sign in / Register.