Larger images: 1200px 1600px
With its 'bull horns' prominent, class 122 single car DMU TDB975540, the Western Region Route Learning Saloon set L102, 'charges' into Gloucester on 20 March 1981. The 'Bubble Cars' as they became affectionately known, were essentially a class 116 Driving Motor Brake Second with a cab at both ends. This unit was built by the Gloucester Carriage & Wagon Co. and entered service as W55016 in July 1958, allocated to Southall depot. November 1975 saw it enter departmental service, where it remained as a route learning vehicle, until withdrawn in May 1993 and disposed of by MC Metals in the July of that year.
975540Set No.: L102
20th March 1981
Only registered users can leave comments. Sign in / Register.