Cravens class 129 motor parcels van No.M55997 is seen at Newton Heath depot on 10th April 1971, with the new diesel depot under construction behind. This MPV operated with the Derby Lightweight units on the Maryport and Carlisle Line for many years before reallocation to Chester. M55997 was the first of the three 150hp AEC-engined parcels vans in this class and were built by Cravens in 1958. They ended their working days working from Chester and were withdrawn 1972/73. This unit eventually went to the Railway Technical Centre at Derby as RDB975385 'Laboratory Coach 9' named 'Hydra'.
10th April 1971
Only registered users can leave comments. Sign in / Register.