Stabled in what can rather loosely be described as a 'shed' 'Calder Valley' BRCW Class 110 DMU Nos. E52083-E59703-E51814 inside the roofless depot at Bradford Hammerton Street on 10th November 1979.
The Class 110 diesel multiple units were built by the Birmingham Railway Carriage and Wagon Company in conjunction with the Drewry Car Co. to operate services on the former Lancashire and Yorkshire main line, and spent their entire careers based around this same area. This earned them the name of the 'Calder Valley' sets. They were an updated version of the Class 104, with a revised cab design and raised bodyside window frames.
Of the depot itself, the former Hammerton Street shed in Bradford closed to steam in 1958 to concentrate on DMU and diesel shunter maintenance and finally closed in 1984 when the remaining class 110 units allocated there were transferred to Neville Hill depot in Leeds.
Bradford Hammerton Street
10th November 1979
Only registered users can leave comments. Sign in / Register.