Type: Low Density
Coupling Code: Blue Square
Coupling Type: Screw
Gangway Type: LMS
Lot Number: 30594
|19/09/61||New to||56G (Bradford Hammerton St)|
|Dec-67||Depot code change||55F (Bradford Hammerton St)|
|May-73||Depot code change||HS (Bradford Hammerton St)|
|02/10/83||Withdrawn from||HS (Bradford Hammerton St)|
|51819||59703||51839||As delivered to 56G - 19th September 1961|
Stabled in what can rather loosely be described as a 'shed' 'Calder Valley' BRCW Class 110 DMU Nos. E52083-E59703-E51814 inside the roofless depot at Bradford Hammerton Street on 10th November 1979. The Class 110 diesel multiple units were built by the Birmingham Railway Carriage and Wagon Company in conjunction with the Drewry Car Co. to operate services on the former Lancashire and Yorkshire main line, and spent their entire careers based around this same area. This earned them the name of the 'Calder Valley' sets. They were an updated version of the Class 104, with a revised cab design and raised bodyside window frames. Of the depot itself, the former Hammerton Street shed in Bradford closed to steam in 1958 to concentrate on DMU and diesel shunter maintenance and finally closed in 1984 when the remaining class 110 units allocated there were transferred to Neville Hill depot in Leeds. Gordon Edgar.
Class 110 E51815 + E59703 + E51829 + class 104 M53530 + 53478 in a hybrid livery approach Manchester Victoria on the 16th July 1983. Kevin Law.